|Venue||Japan Economic Foundation (JEF)
JiJi Press Bldg. 11F
5-15-8, Ginza Chuo-ku,
Tokyo, 104-0061 Japan
|Sponsors||Japan Economic Foundation (JEF)
JiJi Press Bldg. 11F 5-15-8, Ginza Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 104-0061 Japan
Tel.:81(country code)-3(area code)-5565-4824
Fax:81(country code)-3(area code)-5565-4828
Topics[Intellectual Collaboration Group to Promote Market-Oriented Economie]
1. In the spring of 1996, several scholars, former government officials, executives of banks and trading houses, and manufacturing company personnel formed a volunteer group in Japan. Calling itself the'Intellectual Collaboration Group to Promote Market-Oriented Economies,'this group pursues "'intellectual collaboration" with members of former socialist economies seeking to move toward market-oriented economies and away from the disarray of their current economic systems.It is expected that through the accumulated experience generated by this group, Japan's contribution to former socialist economies could cover a wider range of subject and become more sophisticated and effective in understanding the economic and social conditions of the respective economies.
2. We plan to conduct the following activities
- ORGANIZE SPECIALISTS IN THE FIELD OF OPEN MARKET ECONOMICS
(Develop and use an advisor list.)
- EXCHANGE INFORMATION BETWEEN ORGANIZATIONS WHICH IMPLEMENT"INTELLECTUAL COLLABORATION"
(Create and use a database of various programs of "intellectual collaboration"and others.)
- EXCHANGE OPINIONS IN SPECIFIC AREAS WITH VISITING LEADERS FROM FORMER SOCIALIST COUNTRIES
- COOPERATE IN TRAINING PROGRAMS FOR FORMER SOCIALIST COUNTRIES
(Upon request by organizations which implement this training, identify and introduce specialists in specific fields from our advisor list.)
- COOPERATE WITH FORMER SOCIALIST COUNTRIES IN CONDUCTING THEIR RESEARCH
(Upon request by organizations which conduct research, identify and introduce specialists in specific fields from our advisor list.)
- CONDUCT RESEARCH AND MAKE PROPOSALS REGARDING THE TRANSITION TO MARKET-ORIENTED ECONOMIES
- EXCHANGE OPINIONS ON AN INTERNAITONAL LEVEL CONCERNING"INTELLECTUAL COLLABORATION"
Sponsor regular meetings promoting member communication and enlightenment and others.
3. From the fields of academia, government service and industry, we have invited those holding a strong interest in "intellectual collaboration" and having experience in the mechanisms of free market economics.These individuals have abundant experience and have honed their expertise in their "primary occupation" such as university professors, government officials, executives of banks and trading houses, and manufacturing companies.
With a volunteer spirit, the members will engage in the activities described in section 2.
4. Our activities are part of Japan Economic Foundation.